By Amy Liu, Jason S. Miller, Adrianna Pita
In this episode of Intersections, Amy Liu, vice president and director of the Metropolitan Policy Program at Brookings, and Jason Miller, nonresident senior fellow at Brookings and CEO of the Greater Washington Partnership, discuss the economic dynamics of the Washington, D.C. metro area, including the importance of regional cooperation, intentionality in building a long-term growth strategy, and what Amazon’s HQ2 search tells us about how cities should think about their economic development.
- Greater Washington Partnership
- To create economic opportunities, cities must confront their past—and look to the future
- High paying jobs alone won’t save big cities
- The surprisingly short list of U.S. metro areas achieving inclusive economic growth
- What the U.S. map should really look like
With thanks to audio producer Gaston Reboredo, Fred Dews, Emily Rabadi, Nathan Arnosti, and Chris McKenna for additional support.
Intersections is part of the Brookings Podcast Network.